(Ref. code: 190122)
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Clinical Geneticist/Department Head to head the Clinical Genetics & Genomics Department of the Institute, based at the Institute’s premises in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Department, acts as a reference centre for the whole of Cyprus and provides outpatients and inpatient care, diagnosis, management and counselling on the whole spectrum of genetic diseases. It’s an official member of the European Reference Networks, ERN-ITHACA and additionally, several research projects are carried out in collaboration with other departments at CING and other hospitals or clinics.
What you will be doing:
The suitable candidate will head the Clinical Genetics & Genomics Department as certified medical doctor trained in the diagnosis, treatment and management of genetic diseases.
Additionally, he/she may engage in research and education. The above position is combined with a faculty position at the appropriate rank commensurate with experience and track record at the post-graduate School of the Institute.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director and he/she will be a member of the Institute’s Scientific Council.
What we are seeking:
• An MD degree with a sub specialty in Clinical Genetics; and
• Recognized board certification in Clinical Genetics; and
• License or eligible for license from the Pancyprian Medical Association; and
• A minimum of 6 years of post-graduate training and experience in an accredited medical centre; and
• Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures; and
• Supervisory experience; and
• Command of the Greek and English languages;
What we offer:
• Highly collaborative culture
• A CHKS accredited outpatient and inpatient centre with specialized clinics and laboratories functioning as a national referral centre for neurological disorders
• Participation in the European Reference Networks (ERNs)
• Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience & clinical genetics research and top-notch facilities at the Institute
• Opportunities for advancement as an academic:
- Research infrastructure and resources are allocated including dedicated lab space and research staff
- Opportunities to participate in the activities of the post-graduate School of the Institute (supervision of MSc/PhD students and teaching in the School’s programs)
• An attractive compensation package and other benefits will be offered to the successful candidate, including a competitive relocation package for people who will be relocating to Cyprus for the purposes of taking up employment at the Institute.
How to apply:
A cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae and names of two referees should reach the Institute via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference code. Contact person for further information: Ms Anna Michaelidou, tel.: 22392789, e-mail: email@example.com.