Terms and Conditions of Use
About the Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of any open access sites under the control of the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine (CSMM) official website found at www.cing.ac.cy/csmm, which is owned and operated by the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING) is provided on the following terms:
1. As a self-registered CSMM account holder (“Self Registered User”) rather than as an CSMM student or member of staff.
2. By using this Site you agree to register as a Self Registered User and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this Site. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not complete your registration.
3. You must be over the age of 16 to register as a Self Registered User.
4. To become a Self Registered User you will need to provide us with some personal details about yourself. We will protect your personal data as set out in our privacy Statement listed in our website.
5. If you disable your account we will not automatically delete content that you have submitted to our websites. Your profile page (accessed by clicking on your name when you are logged in) provides a ‘Cancel Registration’ facility which will disable your account.
6. The CSMM may change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this Site as a Self Registered User will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
7. The CSMM may bring any rights granted to you to an end at anytime without necessarily providing any notice to you.
Conditions of Use
8. You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue. You may not impersonate another person.
9. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) and all content located on this Site shall remain vested in the CSMM or its licensors (which includes other users). Unless specifically stated in the content, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use CSMM content in anyway except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
10. If you do not agree to be bound by any Special Restriction then you must not use CSMM content made available under these terms.
11. When using Materials you must attribute us and any identified author in accordance with the terms. The Materials may have an “Acknowledgements” section which will identify the author/owner(s) and any Special Restriction(s) applying. You must take account of and abide by any restrictions set out in this section in using any of the Materials.
12. This Site also contains proprietary materials which are owned by or licensed to the CSMM. These materials which will be identified as “Proprietary” include but are not limited to our logos and trading names, certain photographic and video images, sounding recordings and the design, layout and appearance of and graphics contained within this Site. These proprietary materials are protected by intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of these materials may constitute intellectual property infringement.
Contributions to the CSMM
13. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the CSMM you agree to grant to the CSMM, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for CSMM services in any media worldwide.
14. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
15. In order that the CSMM can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any third party rights, that you have the right to give the CSMM permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
16. If you do not want to grant the CSMM the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the CSMM.
Your CSMM Account
17. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts. All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice.
18. You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in CSMM communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Contributing materials to a CSMM community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
Payments and Refunds
19. All your payments, made through our online system, will appear on your credit card statement under the name “CSMM CING”.
20. No refunds will be provided.
Accuracy of Content and Information
21. The CSMM is not able to guarantee that information contained on or available via this Site will continue to be accurate. You confirm that you have not relied on any such information and any arrangements made between you and any other person, using or named on this Site is entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
22. Information contained in or accessible via this Site changes on a regular basis. We may make improvements or alterations to this Site at any time and without notice.
23. If any links to other websites appear on this Site the CSMM accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of that website (whether under our control or otherwise). Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us.
25. We do not guarantee that:
25(a) use of this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software,
25(b) use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error or virus free,
25(c) use of this Site will deliver any specific outcome for its users,
25(d) defects will be corrected
You must take appropriate steps to ensure that you regularly check for viruses when using this Site on any device.
26. We make no statement about the suitability of the content, information and services contained on, or accessed via, this Site. All warranties, terms and conditions in this regard, including all warranties, terms and conditions implied by statute or otherwise, of satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose are excluded to the fullest permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt this includes materials accessed via links to websites (including home pages, web pages or documents they contain) operated by third parties.
27. We further exclude to the fullest extent permissible by law all liability for damages and direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and like loss) or otherwise incurred by you or any third party and arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site or its content, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
28. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
29. These Terms and Conditions (including the privacy statement) contain all the Terms and Conditions applicable to your use of this Site. Nothing contained on this Site is intended to be, nor should be construed as an offer by us to enter into, a contractual relationship with you or anyone else except on these Terms and Conditions.
Jurisdiction and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
30. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute in relation to the materials available from this Site will be governed by Cyprus law. The Cyprus courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the Terms and conditions or use of this Site.